Re: sample code in the manual is giving errors

From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Subject: Re: sample code in the manual is giving errors
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:19:49 -0400

Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:

> On 11/04/07, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Can spamassassin be used with free webmail accounts such as gmail, yahoo
>> email?
>
> If you have no qualms with using non-free webmail services, I can
> personally vouch for Gmail, which has almost 100% spam detection. I
> probably get on average one spam email per month which beats Gmail's
> spam detection.

I have been through this route. Gmail, Gmail+Spamcop then settled onto
bluebottle. You can find my rantings on this whole issue at

http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/2006/06/gmail-and-spamcop-vs-bluebottle.html

> Personally, I've been looking for a replacement myself. Webmail is
> convenient, and I would like a free alternative. The way that Gmail
> obfuscates its Javascript and makes it hard to view with the likes of
> Konqueror is definitely in conflict with Google's "don't do evil"
> policy. At least it works with Firefox/Iceweasel, but...

Not only that. Gmail's lack of "thread view" is a serious hindrance for it
to be used by mailing-list readers.

> There may be reasons to contact you via personal email
> such as for more private conversations. ;-)

That's the idea. If the issue at hand warrants a personal conversation, then
the sender might as well answer the one-time challenge otherwise I dont
need the conversation. I have other email addresses that I can use (which
dont use C-R) for one-on-one conversations.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/