Re: sample code in the manual is giving errors

From: Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Subject: Re: sample code in the manual is giving errors
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:15:13 -0400

Jordi Gutierrez Hermoso wrote:

> On 10/04/07, Kamaraju S Kusumanchi <address@hidden> wrote:
>> > Also, please consider using an email address for the list that does
>> > not require users to go to some web page and do something to be able
>> > to send you mail.
>>
>> The problem is that my email address is publicly exposed once I post to
>> public mailing lists (including Octave). Using C-R system allows me to
>> get rid of all the spam I receive to these public email addresses.
>
> Use a spam filter. Spamassassin at the very least reduces spam to a
> manageable 95% or so. Don't place upon us a further inconvenience for
> the spam you receive.

I will adhere to your suggestion when the figure goes from 95% to 100%.

Can spamassassin be used with free webmail accounts such as gmail, yahoo
email? I dont think so unless you POP them up. POP has its own problems and
I dont want to go in there.

You can choose to ignore the challenges issued by blue bottle. Since you are
familiar with spamassassin you can filter them as well :-) It is your
prerogative as to whether to answer the challenge, ignore it or send it to
spam folder. I dont need a personal reply. I am happy as long as I see the
replies on mailing list. It is as simple as that.

>> Moreover, I do not know why you CCed the reply to me. I did not ask for a
>> CC. I dont mean to preach to the choir, but the general netiquette is to
>
> I must say, it takes some balls to preach netiquette to jwe. ;-)

Sorry! I dont mean to be so forward as to confront the gurus of octave. I
was just explaining my side of the issue. I hope I did not make too many
enemies here!

hth
raju

--