Re: How to increase the number of lines in the GNU command window?

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: How to increase the number of lines in the GNU command window?
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 11:03:30 -0600

The Grumps wrote:
Hi Quentin.
Yes I do want to increase the number of lines in the scrollback buffer for
the terminal.  I am using cygwin and I can confirm that the terminal
emulator is rxvt.   So your suggestion to set rxvt*saveLines should do it.
However, I am too ignorant to follow your instructions to set this.  I don't
have a .Xdefaults file already and I don't know which is the relevant home
directory.   The most relevant directory I can find is:

C:\Program Files\GNU Octave 2.1.73\usr\share\terminfo
Can you please give me any further advice?

This is probably better answered by someone who uses the cygwin version of octave regularly, but I'm guessing that you could find out the home directory using the "pwd" command inside octave when you start it up.

-Quentin