RE: How to increase the number of lines in the GNU command window?

From: The Grumps
Subject: RE: How to increase the number of lines in the GNU command window?
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 14:57:11 -0000

Hi Quentin.

Yes I do want to increase the number of lines in the scrollback buffer for
the terminal.  I am using cygwin and I can confirm that the terminal
emulator is rxvt.   So your suggestion to set rxvt*saveLines should do it.
However, I am too ignorant to follow your instructions to set this.  I don't
have a .Xdefaults file already and I don't know which is the relevant home
directory.   The most relevant directory I can find is:

         C:\Program Files\GNU Octave 2.1.73\usr\share\terminfo

Can you please give me any further advice?

With thanks, Grumps