Re: Very slow mesh on MacOS X

From: Joe Koski
Subject: Re: Very slow mesh on MacOS X
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 2006 13:48:49 -0600

on 10/5/06 1:19 PM, Marcus Vinicius Eiffle Duarte at address@hidden wrote:

Joe,

I was using AquaTerm. After your reply, I tried X11 (with "export GNUTERM=x11"). The plot window pops up much faster (about 3 seconds), but the plot is not drawn immediately, taking about 2 minutes to be drawn. After the first plot window pops up, the second did not show up. I'm gonna try other terminals (I had to leave my office), but I am intrigued: are these slow plots commonplace on MacOS X?

Thanks,

Marcus Vinicius

I have used AquaTerm for about three years, and have not seen any slow plots in that time, and very few failures to plot. I do some relatively large 2d plots (110000 points for example) in octave, but I do the 3d stuff directly with gnuplot. You’re doing 1000x200 in x and y, but what about the third dimension? Do you need to downsample somewhere before plotting?

Joe