Re: Very slow mesh on MacOS X

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: Very slow mesh on MacOS X
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2006 11:18:49 -0600

On 10/6/06, Quentin Spencer <address@hidden> wrote:

Having said that, if there are for loops in the mesh code, it would be
nice to eliminate them. Also, gnuplot 4.2 will have a binary data
transfer capability, and I think using it could help with any plots (2D
or 3D) that have large amounts of data, although I'm still not sure
that's the bottleneck here.

200x200 mesh is really a minuscule data set, so switching to
binary data format (which I am all for) would not help here.
(plot(rand(1,40000) takes a couple seconds on my machine)
The problem is hidden lines removal algorithm in gnuplot.

Quentin

Dmitri.