Re: Google's "summer of code"

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Google's "summer of code"
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:10:33 -0400

On 26-Apr-2006, John Swensen wrote:

| Well, I went ahead and started a group action at fundable.org.  We'll
| see if it works out.  The company where a co-worker's wife works may be
| interested in donating to this effort.  They are a small company (~10
| people) who have found the cost of Matlab prohibitve in recent years and
| are in the process of switching to Octave.  Anyone interested can see it at
|
| https://www.fundable.org/groupactions/octave_handle_graphics

Please try to avoid the term "Handle Graphics for Octave" since
"Handle Graphics" is a MathWorks trademark.

I would also prefer that you refer to Octave as "Free Software" rather
than "Open Source".  For some reasons, please take a look at
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-software-for-freedom.html.

Also, I think you may mean Matlab (TM) instead of Matlab (C) in your
description at fundable.org.

Thanks,

jwe