Re: Octave for Windows HOWTO

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Octave for Windows HOWTO
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 12:13:30 -0500

On 10-Mar-2006, Agustin Barto wrote:

| I think I removed tetex from the package and everything seems to work
| just fine. After the installation the environment seems to be sane. I
| added a few packages after installation and it didn't complain.

Did you still have makeinfo installed after removing tetex?  If not,
online help will not be formatted properly.  Try running

  help eig

Do you see

  -- Loadable Function: LAMBDA = eig (A)
  -- Loadable Function: [V, LAMBDA] = eig (A)
      The eigenvalues (and eigenvectors) of a matrix are computed in a
  [...]

or

  -*- texinfo -*-
  @deftypefn {Loadable Function} address@hidden =} eig (@var{a})