Re: Prerequisites to 2.9.x

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: Prerequisites to 2.9.x
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:54:19 +0100

Shai Ayal wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to get into the 2.9.x build and testing cycle, but I am unsure
what additional packages I need for a fully functional compile (e.g.
including sparse etc...). Can someone point me to a list of the required
and optional packages including where to get these packages and what versions?

Thanks
Shai

In addition to the 2.1.x dependencies you need GLPK and UFSPARSE. You might also like to install METIS prior to UFSPARSE to get a faster sparse cholesky factorization, though there are licensing issues with that... I can send source RPMs of UFSPARSE and METIS, though as they are lareg I prefer to do that offline. Tell me if you want them.

Regards
David

Motorola Labs - Paris +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph) Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax) 91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

The information contained in this communication has been classified as: [x] General Business Information [ ] Motorola Internal Use Only [ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary