cygwin g++ version story?

From: Brian Blais
Subject: cygwin g++ version story?
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 08:34:32 -0500

Hello,

Could someone tell me why the octave package for cygwin is compiled with 3.3.3,
when
a later version exists?  Is this because of the slowdown reported with 3.4, due
how jump conditions are handled?  The reason I ask is that I believe I can get
my
fltk package working in cygwin, but dealing with 3.3.3 is annoying, because
everytime
I have to add a new package, cygwin tries to upgrade me.  The fltk package that
comes
with cygwin is compiled with 3.4, so I have to compile my own fltk.  As far as
end-users, this puts another barrier to the use of octave in Windows.

                thanks,

                        Brian Blais

--

            address@hidden