Re: making movie from eps files

From: Jonathan Stickel
Subject: Re: making movie from eps files
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:04:17 -0700

I have what I think is a good method for producing a movie (an .avi file) from Octave produced graphs/images. First, you will want to convert your .eps files to an image format (.png or .jpg); you can use "convert" from ImageMagick. Then you can use mencode (part of mplayer) to sequence the images into a movie. Here is the command I use, executed in the directory where the image files reside:

$ mencoder mf://*.jpg -mf fps=20:type=jpg -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=5000 -o output.avi

The man page for mplayer/mencode provide details for all the options.

HTH,
Jonathan

Kocsis Attila wrote:
Hi all!

It may not be the apropiate place to ask, but I make a
try...

I have produced eps files from which I would like to
make a movie. I found some scripts on the net, but
they didn't work, so has anybody dealt a problem like
this?
Atis

__________________________________ Yahoo! FareChase: Search multiple travel sites in one click.
http://farechase.yahoo.com