Re: google groups and Usenet

From: Robert A. Macy
Subject: Re: google groups and Usenet
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 19:37:06 -0700

Sorts on From/To, Subject, Size, Date, that's all.  I have
no mail reader per se.  I just use the one built in at my
ISP.  For each email, all I to see is...

From:  Subject: . . . . . . . . . . . . . Size. .Received
John W. Eaton  Re: google groups and Usenet 3478  :20:50PM

That line is all I see until I open the email, but all is
done at my ISP, so I have a really good antivirus wall.  I
believe the mail program is Stalker, no choice, but don't
mind.  It's adequate.  I don't have to keep anything on my
system.  Stalker allows folders, private/public and even
store emails along with some other features.

All the archives I save are strictly .txt format to save
space.  And even stored in text format I have over 4MB of
snippets.

                      - Robert -