Re: google groups and Usenet

From: Quentin Spencer
Subject: Re: google groups and Usenet
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 18:04:03 -0500

address@hidden wrote:

In a message dated 9/8/2005 1:33:25 P.M. Pacific Standard Time, address@hidden writes:

    don't want to create a new mailing list

I was thinking of replacing the current mailing list with the Google group, which functions as a mailing list for those who want that ..... and as a discussion group (i.e. you log on to read and send messages) for those who don't.

The reason that Google Groups was suggested was the user interface. We already have mailing list archives, but without the fancy interface. It sounds like that's what's really missing here. I assume that Google hasn't released the code for their user interface. Is anyone aware of other attempts to provide similar functionality?

-Quentin