num2str fails for negative values

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: num2str fails for negative values
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:35:00 -0400

On  7-Sep-2005, Madhusudan Singh wrote:

| I have a set of numbers between -5.0 and 5.0, and I noticed that num2str
| yields "-" for the negative numbers and the proper o/p for the positive
| numbers. How does one fix this ?

Fix what?  I don't understand what it is you are complaining about.
What is "proper o/p", and if it is proper, why is that a problem?.

If you think you've found a bug, then please submit a complete bug
report to the address@hidden list.  If you are not sure what to
include in your report so that someone might have a chance of fixing
the problem, then please read www.octave.org/bugs.html before
submitting your report.

Thanks,

jwe