Re: difficulty installing running Octave from CYGWIN

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: difficulty installing running Octave from CYGWIN
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:31:19 -0400

On  7-Sep-2005, Mike Miller wrote:

| It sounds like you don't have X11 installed.
|
| I installed the entire Cygwin package (550 MB download, 2.3 GB installed)
| and that gave me everything - Octave, X, etc.  It all works.

That ought to work, but it shouldn't be necessary to install
everything from Cygwin.  If the dependencies are all correct, it
should be sufficient to simply choose to install the Octave package
and that should cause the Cygwin installer to select and install all
the other things Octave needs, including gnuplot, X11, etc.  If that
doesn't happen, then it might be a bug in the dependency lists.  If
you think it is a bug, then please report it, explaining precisely
what kind of system you have, what you did, and what happened.

Thanks,

jwe