Re: Running C++ program from octave ??

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: Running C++ program from octave ??
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 12:14:14 -0400

On 22-Jul-2005, Robert A. Macy wrote:

| However, I lost earlier versions of octave when HD crashed.
|  Just spent an hour at the octave.org website and couldn't
| find any source code for the 2.1.50 version I have.  Any
| idea where to find the complete packages and source code
| for 2.1.50?

All 2.1.x snapshots (2.1.0 all the way to 2.1.71) are available here:

  ftp://ftp.octave.org/pub/octave/bleeding-edge

and have been for the last seven years or so.

But really, 2.1.50 is pretty much obsolete.  Isn't it about time to
install the latest recommended version (2.1.71)?  I assume that you
are using 2.1.50 because of the binary installer for Windows.  If so,
you might consider simply using the Cygwin package of 2.1.71.
Installation of that should be fairly simple.  It just took a few
clicks for me, starting with the "install or update now" link at
www.cygwin.com.  I think the octave and octave-forge packages are both
in the Math category of the package selection dialog of the Cygwin
setup utility.

jwe