contourf

From: Carine Simon
Subject: contourf
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 12:10:50 +0200

Hi all,

I don't understand how to include colours in a contourf plot. Is it possible ?
Another thing is: is there a way to do as Matlab i.e. precise the axes for
contourf. For example doing something like contourf(xaxis, yaxis, matrix)
A last point is that sometimes when I use contourf I get some errors like:
error: expecting integer index, found 2.291667
error: evaluating argument list element number 1
error: called from `contourf' in file
`/usr/share/octave/2.1.71/site/m/octave-forge/plot/contourf.m'

then I juste type the same contourf command and everything works.

I am using octave 2.1.71 with the last octave-forge on Linux Fedora Core 3.
A last point by the way: is it normal that each time I start octave I get the
following warnings:
warning: gset is deprecated and will be removed from a future
warning: version of Octave.
warning: You should use the higher-level plot functions
warning: ("plot", "mesh", "semilogx", etc.) instead
warning: of the low-level plotting commands.
warning: If you absolutely must use this function, use the
warning: internal version __gnuplot_set__ instead.

Cheers,
Carine.