Re: contourf

From: Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Subject: Re: contourf
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 08:28:44 -0600

Quentin Spencer wrote:
Carine Simon wrote:

A last point by the way: is it normal that each time I start octave I
                                                          !!!!!

get the
following warnings:
warning: gset is deprecated and will be removed from a future
warning: version of Octave.
warning: You should use the higher-level plot functions
warning: ("plot", "mesh", "semilogx", etc.) instead
warning: of the low-level plotting commands.
warning: If you absolutely must use this function, use the
warning: internal version __gnuplot_set__ instead.

I don't know the answer to your contourf question, but the warnings are due to the internal switch in octave from gset to __gnuplot_set__ which occured I think at 2.1.69. Are you using the package I made at ftp://coffee.phys.unm.edu/pub/octave ? I thought I had removed all references to gset in the newest package, but maybe I missed one. I've upgraded to FC4, so I probably won't be updating those packages any more. If you ever see this problem with the FC4 package, let me know and I'll look into it.

My guess is that Carine has "gset mouse" in her .octaverc file.
As John point out some time ago, the preferred way to enable the mouse is
to put "set mouse" in .gnuplot file instead.

-Quentin

Dmitri.