Re: Octave-forge: you get what you pay for

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Octave-forge: you get what you pay for
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 23:43:51 -0400

On Jun 15, 2005, at 12:48 PM, Quentin Spencer wrote:

Keith Goodman wrote:

On 6/15/05, Vic Norton <address@hidden> wrote:

I reported this problem with lp to the powers that be over 4 years ago.

I think a bug tracking system would be helpful (for Octave and for
Octave-Forge). Then people could at least check to see if there are
any open bugs on any complicated functions they use like lp.

I agree with this, but I think it's more important for octave-forge.
With octave, I've never had a bug that didn't get looked at by John or
someone else eventually. With octave-forge, if someone doesn't respond
right away, it tends to get forgotten. The funny thing is,
sourceforge.net has a bug tracking system, but we've just never really
used it. Maybe it's time we do so.

There's one for you just arrived today.  Fedora Core 1 make check fails
with a segmentation fault.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php? func=detail&aid=1221384&group_id=2888&atid=102888

Subscribe to address@hidden to get notification of
new bugs as they arrive.