RE: Create a logical array of 0

From: Randy Gober
Subject: RE: Create a logical array of 0
Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 09:13:26 -0500

The expression logical(zeros(m,n)) has the "effect" of being a type
conversion, but is not really. What you are asking Octave to do is tell you
the non-zero entries in a zeros(m,n) matrix. I guess a better example would
be the non-zero case,
logical(4*eye(4)) == logical(eye(4)). You can see there is more than just
type conversion in the first expression, but still has the "effect" of type
conversion in the second, yet both expressions are equivalent.

Still thinking about you real question (how to create the matrix directly).

--Randy