Re: octave forge

From: Robert Leach
Subject: Re: octave forge
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:58:31 -0700

see inline comments...

make[3]: Entering directory
`/home/local/octave-forge-2004.02.12/main/comm/doc'
Making texinfo comms.texi
Making info comms.info
comms.texi:12375: @item not meaningful inside address@hidden' block.
comms.texi:12378: @item not meaningful inside address@hidden' block.
<snip>

This is weird. I can think of a few possibilities, all of which are a
result of a bad install

1) Which version of makeinfo do you have install

plague: /usr/local/octave-forge>makeinfo --version
makeinfo (GNU texinfo) 4.6

There is NO warranty.  You may redistribute this software
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.
plague: /usr/local/octave-forge>

2) Which version of mktexi? Is it corruptted? Check against the CVS

plague: /usr/local/octave-forge>mktexi --version
mktexi: Command not found.
plague: /usr/local/octave-forge>

No idea...

3) The errors above are all at the end of the file comms.texi where the
automatic building of the function referencing is taking place. This is
   generated using the file INDEX and the texinfo help in all of the
functions. If any of the functions in the file INDEX, has an error in their texinfo help, then the above might result. Are all of the files
   *.m and *.cc the same as in the CVS?

I'm not sure where you want me to look. Are you referring to a directory in the octave-forge directory? I couldn't find a CVS directory anywhere:

plague: /usr/local/octave-forge>ls
AUTHORS INDEX Makeconf.in autogen.sh* configure.base interact_test.m COPYING INSTALL Makefile autom4te.cache/ cvs-tree* main/ COPYING.BSD INSTALL.MacOSX README batch_test.m cvsdir.sh* nonfree/ COPYING.GPL INSTALL.WINDOWS RELEASE-NOTES config.log doc/ octinst.sh* ChangeLog Makeconf TODO config.status* extra/ octinst.sh.in* FIXES/ Makeconf.base admin/ configure* install-sh* release.sh
plague: /usr/local/octave-forge>ls */CVS
ls: No match.
plague: /usr/local/octave-forge>ls */*/CVS
ls: No match.
plague: /usr/local/octave-forge>ls */*/*/CVS
ls: No match.
plague: /usr/local/octave-forge>ls */*/*/*/CVS
ls: No match.

I don't believe this is a problem in the comms package itself, as I can not
regenerate this problem...

Regards
David

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary

= Robert W. Leach                                                   =
= Los Alamos National Lab                                           =
= Bioscience Division: Bioinformatics & Computational Biology Group =
= MS M888                                                           =
= Los Alamos, NM 87545                                              =
= address@hidden                                                 =
= Work: 505-667-2307                                                =
= Cell: 505-310-3759                                                =
Work Calendar & To-Do List: http://66.93.220.101/phpicalendar/week.php?cal=Work