Re: octave forge

From: David Bateman
Subject: Re: octave forge
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 11:32:24 +0100

According to Robert Leach <address@hidden> (on 03/03/04):
> OK,
>
> Well, I took the suggestion below (to use 2.1.55) and after a timely
> false start, I ran into a new problem with installing octave-forge:

> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/local/octave-forge-2004.02.12/main/comm/doc'
> Making texinfo comms.texi
> Making info comms.info
> comms.texi:12375: @item not meaningful inside address@hidden' block.
> comms.texi:12378: @item not meaningful inside address@hidden' block.
<snip>

This is weird. I can think of a few possibilities, all of which are a
result of a bad install

1) Which version of makeinfo do you have install
2) Which version of mktexi? Is it corruptted? Check against the CVS
3) The errors above are all at the end of the file comms.texi where the
   automatic building of the function referencing is taking place. This is
   generated using the file INDEX and the texinfo help in all of the
   functions. If any of the functions in the file INDEX, has an error in
   their texinfo help, then the above might result. Are all of the files
   *.m and *.cc the same as in the CVS?

I don't believe this is a problem in the comms package itself, as I can not
regenerate this problem...

Regards
David

Motorola CRM                                 +33 1 69 35 48 04 (Ph)
Parc Les Algorithmes, Commune de St Aubin    +33 1 69 35 77 01 (Fax)
91193 Gif-Sur-Yvette FRANCE

[x] General Business Information
[ ] Motorola Internal Use Only
[ ] Motorola Confidential Proprietary