Re: [Octave] suggestion?

From: Mike Miller
Subject: Re: [Octave] suggestion?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2004 09:45:58 -0600 (CST)

On Thu, 26 Feb 2004, John W. Eaton wrote:

> But there is a more reliable way than looking at the To: From: or CC:
> lines.  Every message posted on the list has the following lines in the
> header:

> I usually filter on the X-Mailing-List line.

I'll echo what John said.  I usually use this sort of thing in procmail...

:0:
* ^TOoctave
octave_folder

...which takes mail sent "To:" or "Cc:" anything containing "octave"
(case insensitive, I believe) and puts it into octave_folder.  This
usually works, but as John said, not always.  It fails when something was
Bcc'd to the list!  John's method will not fail for such messages, thus
John's method is superior.  I guess it would be done like this:

:0:

For lists that don't have X-Mailing-List in the header, I have done things
like this with some success...

:0:
* for <address@hidden>
somelist_folder