Re: Mac OS X port of CLN

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Mac OS X port of CLN
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 19:14:21 -0500

On Feb 22, 2004, at 6:19 PM, Richard B. Kreckel wrote:

Hi!

On Fri, 20 Feb 2004, Paul Kienzle wrote:
The symbol _R is causing problems.  Some header must be
defining it as a constant.  I've replace _R with inR in:

        modinteger/*.h
        numtheory/cl_nt_sqrtmodp.cc

That's fixed along with the missing random source implementation in
CLN-1.1.6.

There is no 1.1.6 on the download mirror sites mentioned on
http://www.ginac.de/CLN/.  It's available on the master site
though.

Now all the source compiles, but link fails with:

d: cl_prin_globals.lo has external relocation entries in non-writable
section (__TEXT,__StaticInit) for symbols:
cl_module__cl_prin_globals__dtorend
cl_module__cl_prin_globals__ctorend
/usr/bin/libtool: internal link edit command failed

Looking into this I've come across CL_PROVIDE and CL_PROVIDE_END
which appear to require assembler and which are not defined for _ppc_.
Somebody else will have to tackle this one.

Sure they are defined for __ppc__, see include/cln/modules.h.

I don't know how I missed it.  Yes, indeed, it is there.

  Anyway, it
works on Linux on PPC.  The problem is with the linker on OS X.  As I
mentioned, somebody with good knowledge of the linker needs to fix this.

Sorry, I'm not plugged into the GiNaC mailing lists.  I'm also not
much of an expert on OS X linkers, but I'll try again.

Thanks,

Paul Kienzle
address@hidden