Name of fnval.m on octave-forge?

From: Henry F. Mollet
Subject: Name of fnval.m on octave-forge?
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:22:30 -0800

I found the following functions files on octave-forge that I needed to try
to run an example in a program available at
http://www.esapubs.org/archive/ecol/E081/007/suppl-1.htm:

prctile.m (for percentiles);
fmins.m (find minimum of a function of several variables);
nmsmax.m (Nelder-Mead simplex method);
csapi.m (cubic spline interpolation);
csape.m (cubic spline with various end conditions);
mkpp.m (constructs a piece-wise polynomial);

I next got stuck on fnval.m but could not find it on octave-forge. It
probably has a different name? A Google search indicated that it is
available in the matlab toolbox and the function only has a few lines of
code.
function values = fnval(f,x,y) %FNVAL Evaluate a function. % % VALUES =
FNVAL(F,X[,Y])
% % evaluates the function f in F at the specified points. ...

I later got stuck within fnval.m but will ask the question after I've tried
the corresponding octave-forge function or perhaps the problem will
disappear.
Henry