64-bit ints for array indexing

From: Luke Sjulson
Subject: 64-bit ints for array indexing
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 13:23:36 -0500

hello,

I'm running octave 2.1.52 in 64-bit mode on an opteron running linux, and I ran into the limitation of not being able to work with arrays containing more than 2^31 elements, which is apparently because octave uses 32 bit ints for array indexing. There was a simple workaround, but I was wondering: has anyone compiled a version of octave that uses long ints for array indexing? Which files would I have to be modified? Are there any plans to incorporate this into future releases of octave?

thanks a lot,

Luke
--
Lucas L. Sjulson
Cornell/Rockefeller/Sloan-Kettering MD/PhD Program