RE: Re: curses on octave

From: taltman
Subject: RE: Re: curses on octave
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 03:23:10 +0000 (UTC)

On Dec 19, 2003 at 2:50am, address@hidden wrote:

wtm >OK: My program gives a OK results. I like to improve it doing a GUI, and
wtm >I think ncurses is a good idea becouse they do not depends on XWindow,
wtm >and they are enough for my purposes.

Okay. Then I suggest that you do some inter-process communication to
achieve this. Octave has utilities to help you with this:

http://www.octave.org/doc/octave_35.html#SEC207

wtm >At the moment I am not interested on improve menu.m function, I think it
wtm >realizes its job prefectly.

I just tried it out for the first time: "pick a number, any number" !
lol

wtm >My question is: Is possible to call ncurses from octave or I need to
wtm >write another program which call my own program?

Yeah. Try the process control functions described at the above webpage.

wtm >I hope to have express correctly.

No prob.

wtm >Why is my name not written next to my message?

Because you have inadvertently angered the Pine gods. ;-)

Try:
"Pablo Busto" <address@hidden>

as your default "From: " field in your email client.

~Tomer