RE: Re: curses on octave

From: wtm
Subject: RE: Re: curses on octave
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 02:50:11 +0100

> wtm >But the user interface is horrible (at the moment I am only
> using the
> wtm >'menu' command, and I would like to improve it.
>
> Wait, I'm confused: you want to improve your program, or Octave's
> "menu" function? If the former, then you probably want to leave the
> Octave component of your app as it is, and just throw on a ncurses GUI
> that does some inter-process communication. If the latter, then I'm
> sure that some of the Octave gurus on this list would love to have
> someone work on that bit of code.

OK: My program gives a OK results. I like to improve it doing a GUI, and
I think ncurses is a good idea becouse they do not depends on XWindow,
and they are enough for my purposes.

At the moment I am not interested on improve menu.m function, I think it
realizes its job prefectly.

My question is: Is possible to call ncurses from octave or I need to
write another program which call my own program?

I hope to have express correctly.

Why is my name not written next to my message?

Regards

Pablo Busto