RE: Re: curses on octave

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: RE: Re: curses on octave
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:10:13 -0600

On 19-Dec-2003, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

| On Dec 19, 2003 at 2:50am, address@hidden wrote:
|
| wtm >OK: My program gives a OK results. I like to improve it doing a GUI, and
| wtm >I think ncurses is a good idea becouse they do not depends on XWindow,
| wtm >and they are enough for my purposes.
|
| Okay. Then I suggest that you do some inter-process communication to
| achieve this. Octave has utilities to help you with this:

I think it would also be interesting to have an Octave interface to
the ncurses library, but I don't think this is a very high priority
project.  Probably it is something that should be done with matwrap or
a similar approach (describe the interface to the functions, then
generate the wrappers automatically, at least as much as possible).

jwe