run Octave from Excel

From: albert treblataf
Subject: run Octave from Excel
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:54:10 -0800 (PST)

Sorry to ask what is probably a simple question, I would like to run an octave script from a microsoft excel macro. The script runs a couple of functions and saves the results in a text file without printing any results in the octave window. I can get octave to open using a shell command in my excel macro, but can't get it to open and run my script. my code runs as follows:
shell("C:\Program Files\GNU Octave\bin\octave-2.1.42-p2atlas.exe -testscript.m")
Octave opens for half a second and then closes again without running the script.
Also would it be possible to run my script without the octave window being visible?
I am running Octave in windows
any help will be gratefully received.

Albert

Do you Yahoo!?