Re: run Octave from Excel

From: Christoph Dalitz
Subject: Re: run Octave from Excel
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2003 09:55:23 +0100

On Thu, 30 Oct 2003 00:26:24 -0800 (PST)
albert treblataf <address@hidden> wrote:

> shell("C:\Program Files\GNU Octave\bin\octave-2.1.42-p2atlas.exe
> -testscript.m")
>
> then it opens for an instant and then closes without doing anything.
> any ideas?

The following should work:

        shell("C:\Cygwin\bin\sh.exe -c 'octave $HOME/testscript.m'")

where "C:\Cygwin" must be replaced with the root directory of your Cygwin
installation
and "$HOME/testscript.m" with the Unix (!) full path of your octave script.

Moreover make sure that C:\Cygwin\bin (or whatever that on your system is) is
part of your search path.

The search path is determined by the environment variable "PATH" and can be set
in
under "Einstellungen/Systemsteuerung/System/Erweitert/Umgebungsvariablen" (I
only
have a German Windows version;does somoen know the menu names in the English
version?).

Hope this helps,

Chrsitoph