Re: imshow shows image twice

From: Josep Monés i Teixidor
Subject: Re: imshow shows image twice
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:31:45 +0200

On dl, 2003-10-20 at 08:12, Geraint Paul Bevan wrote:

> I can't reproduce this, display (ImageMagick = 4:5.4.4.5-1woody1)
> returns 0 when it exits for me. Are you using a different version? Is it
> installed correctly or does it normally issue an error message when you
> use it outside Octave?

Yes, I can reproduce it outside Octave.

address@hidden:~/projects/wbvc$ display foreman_frame01.gif
address@hidden:~/projects/wbvc$ echo $?
1

I'm running sid's ImageMagick:
address@hidden:~/projects/wbvc$ dpkg -l | grep imagemagick
ii  imagemagick    5.5.7.9-1      Image manipulation programs

You are right. On woody everything it's ok. I've found the problem in
ImageMagick sources. I've patched them and everything seems to work ok.
I've send a bug report there.

Regards,
--
Josep Monés i Teixidor