Octave and gimp

From: Laurent Jacques
Subject: Octave and gimp
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 10:24:28 +0200

Hello,

I have seen that octave uses to "Image Magick", "xv", or "xloadimage" for
image (imagesc, imshow, ...)
My question is:
Do you think (unless it is already done) it will be good to link octave to
the Gimp ?

Advantages:
- the link can be done dynamically by interacting with the Gimp;
colormap can be for instance changed on the fly.
- all the code can be included like a gimp plugin;
- Gimp is available on Windows, Linux (Unices), Mac OS X, ...
- Gimp is GPL and have not many dependencies (only gtk I think).

Laurent.