save/load structured data?

From: Andrew Water Schmeder
Subject: save/load structured data?
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 09:20:11 -0700

Hi.

I've been using Octave for about 1 week now and I'm having a great time.

I have a couple of questions:

1) I'm using WaveLab v802 for signal processing stuff... so far I have only
used a few functions.  I have made several tweaks to the WaveLab files on an
as-needed basis in order to get them to run properly -- mostly its really
minor, peripheral stuff like loadpaths, graphics, etc.  I searched the
mailing lists for info on Wavelab but came up pretty dry.  Wavelab is open
source -- has anyone considered re-releasing a converted version which is
Octave-compatible?  If not, would there be interest in this (besides my
own)?

BTW there is a project/site called "MathLinks" which implies they are
re-releasing Wavelab in a package with a bunch of other toolkits, which is
"Octave compatible" -- actually not true, they have not touched the source of
Wavelab at all.

2) A sort of "help" question:

Is it possible to save/load arbitrary struct-vars?

save() gives me errors when I try to save an object type variable... it only
seems to work for simple variables, or matrixes.

thats it for now...
later,
andy