Re: Some trouble with gcc-3.0

From: Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Subject: Re: Some trouble with gcc-3.0
Date: 20 Jun 2001 10:40:42 -0400

BERTRAND Joël <address@hidden> writes:

> Trond Eivind Glomsrød wrote:
>
> > BERTRAND Joël <address@hidden> writes:

> > >     I have tried to recompile a 2.1.34, but, the compilation stage aborts
> > > at
> >
> > That looks like a bug in gcc 3 - I suggest you report it to the gcc
> > team: http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html
>
>     It's done.
>
> > In the mean time, your best choice (if you're running Linux) may be
> > the 2.96RH compiler you can find at
> > ftp://ftp.redhat.com/linux/rawhide/alpha/RedHat/RPMS/
>
>     I cannot, because I work on a big project that doesn't compile with
> gcc-2.96 (C and F77), and I have some trouble with recompiled kernels
> when I use this compiler on alpha processor.

We'd be interesting in hearing of these in bugzilla
(https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/) - it might take some time
before you get a response right now, though, as the developer dealing
with these report and maintaining the compiler is on vacation/

FWIW, both octave and lapack/blas compile just fine on Alpha, IA64 and
i386 with this compiler.
--
Trond Eivind Glomsrød
Red Hat, Inc.