never-ending windoze trouble

From: Julian A. de Marchi
Subject: never-ending windoze trouble
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 20:04:38 -0400

--- Begin Message --- Subject: Returned mail: see transcript for details Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 19:49:31 -0400
The original message was received at Tue, 29 May 2001 19:49:28 -0400 (EDT)
from h0050da6e1c9d.ne.mediaone.net [24.218.164.207]

<address@hidden>
    (reason: 550-Mail refused, see
http://www.orbs.org/verify.php3?address=24.147.1.144)

.. while talking to goliat.fi.uib.no.:
>>> RCPT To:<address@hidden>
<<< 550-Mail refused, see
http://www.orbs.org/verify.php3?address=24.147.1.144
<<< 550 mail from 24.147.1.144 rejected: administrative prohibition
550 5.1.1 <address@hidden>... User unknown

--- Begin Message --- Subject: RE: about octave for win95 Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 19:49:29 -0400
Hi, sorry about the trouble you've been having.

The installation is not really being supported right now.

Best you could do is download the developer's version at the
matlinks.sourceforge.net download area (go to www.sf.net and search for the
project called "matlinks", then go to the download area and select the
octave-windows-developer version).  Then modify to work, and let everyone
know you've fixed it.

A possible work-around might be to install in safe mode (first download, then
reboot in safe mode -- press F8 @boot).

Sorry I can't do any more for you, I really wish I could but I have too many
other projects going on right now and anyway Octave is a user-supported
platform.  Welcome to the world of open source software.

If anyone else might be able to help it would be Tom Weichmann.  Try
searching the octave archives for his email.

Good luck,
Julian