install problems

From: Denis Kouroussis
Subject: install problems
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 14:42:56 -0400

Hi

I'm trying to install on IBM AIX and using g++ 2.8.1.  It seems that when I
run the 'configure' script  I get an error message stating :
     configure: error:  installation or configuration problem :  C++
compiler cannot create executables.

the contents of the log file are listed below:

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:600: checking host system type
configure:830: checking for c++
configure:861: checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works
configure:875: c++ -o conftest    conftest.C  1>&5
c++: Internal compiler error: program ld got fatal signal 11
configure: failed program was:
#line 871 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
main(){return(0);}

Is there an Octave version that can compile with g++  2.8.1.  As I do not
have root access to my machine there is only so much I can do.

Thanx in advance
Denis