Re: The future of Octave

From: Michele
Subject: Re: The future of Octave
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 19:50:12 +0000

Hi, to all.
As many I'm coming from a Matlab experience.
It's since 8 month that I'm using Octave and I like it.
It's powerful, free and sometimes better than Matlab.

I can't understand why there is all this interest to maintain Matlab
compatibility.
Matlab is a software and Octave another one.
I personally think that Octave must go on without care to Matlab
compatibility.