Re: Improved? FAQ (Was: Philosophy help.)

From: Paul Kienzle
Subject: Re: Improved? FAQ (Was: Philosophy help.)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 10:48:40 +0000

I ported a portion of my signal processing toolbox to matlab a while back.
I wrote an awk script to automate the translation so that I could maintain
the two versions simultaneously.  See:
        http://users.powernet.co.uk/kienzle/octave/oct2mat.tar.gz
With a bit of care it worked well enough for my purposes.  It certainly
doesn't handle everything, though.

As part of the translation, it would convert lines of the form
        blah  #<oct
        #<mat blah
to lines of the form
        %<oct blah
        blah %<mat
so I didn't have to handle everything automatically.

The other approach is to use
    if exist('OCTAVE_VERSION') == 5
        blah
    else