Compiling octave on RH 7.0

From: Edward S. Meadows
Subject: Compiling octave on RH 7.0
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 16:43:21 -0700 (MST)

I am attempting to compile octave-2.1.31 on my RH 7.0
machine.

I have a plain vanilla RH 7.0 installation that I keep
current with the latest RH updates.

The configure step seems to show that several libraries
(like ncurses and termcap) are missing when in fact they are
actually present in their default locations when installed
via RPM.  Then when I try to compile, the compilation fails
due to apparent C++ syntax errors.  I'm using gcc 2.96.

What kind of information would be helpful to diagnose this
problem.  Should I send the results of configure and make?

--
Edward S. Meadows                   address@hidden
Chemical & Materials Engineering       Office: (780) 492-3181