Using ANSI C++ std lib templates with mkoctfile

From: Paris Smaragdis
Subject: Using ANSI C++ std lib templates with mkoctfile
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 19:07:34 -0400

Hello,
I'm trying to compile an external function to octave (2.0.16, on
linuxppc, latest g++), which uses the std::vector class.  mkoctfile
works fine and in the octave shell I get:

octave: error in loading shared libraries:
/home/paris/octave/src/hall.oct: undefined symbol:
fill_n__H3ZPdZUiZd_X01X11RCX21_X01

I'm pretty sure that fill_n_ is part of the functions that accompany
std::vector, and it is probably undefined since mkoctfile compiles with
-fno-implicit-templates.  I did add template class std::vector<double>;
at my source to make the explicit instatiation but to no avail.

Anybody that knows a fix for using std:: templates?

Thanks!
Paris