configure of octave from CVS fails

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: configure of octave from CVS fails
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 09:45:08 -0500 (CDT)

On  4-Jul-2000, Thomas Walter <address@hidden> wrote:

| I updated octave from CVS and did the same precedure as always.
|   ./autogen.sh
|
| But this {\bf fails} for the most checks for headers and functions.
| The most answers are 'no' which is wrong.
|
| A work-around/hack by me was to set LIBS to the same value like FLIBS
| after it is set and changing '-lf2c' to '-lg2c'.  Only then all
| symbols are solved while linking all the test programs in configure.
|
| My system:
|
| Debian Linux, current potato
| The complete GNU Compiler Collection from 'gcc-2.95.2'.
|
| Maybe this helps anybody to fix the roots of the problem.

Sure, but FWIW, it is not unusual that the CVS sources might be
completely broken from time to time.  If you want to use the CVS
sources, consider yourself to be a `developer' by default, and
subscribe to the octave-maintainers mailing list.  The help-octave
mailing list is not really the best place to send problem reports
for the development sources.

Thanks,

jwe