Re: Instalation problems in Linux Slackware

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: Instalation problems in Linux Slackware
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 04:26:48 +0100

"Julio C. Carrillo E." wrote:

> When I install Octave, ver. 2.0.16, in Linux Slackware, ver. 7.0, with the
> instructions
>
> a)  ./configure
> b)  make
> c)  make install
>
> in the step b) the instalation programa report some errors. Additionaly,
> when I look in
> the the directory /usr/local/octave-2.0.16/bin, I canĀ“t find the file that
> executes the program.
>
> How do I make to execute the program? Or what addtional things should I make?
> What suggest you me do?

with so few details nobody can help you. If you are not familiar with
the making of a program you should try to install from a distribution.
try

http://www.debian.org/Packages/frozen/math/octave.html

but I dont know if slackware can read a debian package. There is a
package conversion program, however, `alien' , if I remember correctly.

or you could try

ftp://ftp.che.wisc.edu/pub/octave/BINARIES/linux/redhat/

not to mention

http://www.che.wisc.edu/octave/FAQ.html#SEC18

Luck,
Joao