Re: octave 2.1.30 and example/make_int.cc

From: John W. Eaton
Subject: Re: octave 2.1.30 and example/make_int.cc
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 21:41:33 -0500 (CDT)

On 25-Apr-2000, address@hidden <address@hidden> wrote:

| One more question:
|
| 3. Previously, (ie in 2.1.19) I was able to get at
|    index operations working using something like:
|
|   octave_value_list
|   octave_integer::do_index_op (int, const octave_value_list& idx)
|
|    but this no longer works.
|    What is the new way to do index operations?

In ov.h:

  virtual octave_value do_index_op (const octave_value_list& idx)
    { return rep->do_index_op (idx); }

  virtual octave_value_list
  do_multi_index_op (int nargout, const octave_value_list& idx);

Sorry about the name change, but I think it was needed.

Do you really need to use the one that produces multiple output
values, or is the one that produces a single value the one you really
want to use?

jwe