Re: octave 2.1.30 and example/make_int.cc

From: en254
Subject: Re: octave 2.1.30 and example/make_int.cc
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 23:32:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 23 Apr 2000 address@hidden wrote:
> I've just downloaded 2.1.30 and tried to get
> make_int.cc working with it.

To answer my question, change
#include <octave/config.h>
#include <config.h>

However, I have two other questions things that are different
in 2.1.30 than the last version I was using (2.1.19).

1. Previously, you could access global configuration
   variables with Vprefer_column_vectors. That no
   longer works.

   What is the new way to access global config vars?

2. vector_value() method seems to have changed.

   previously, I wrote
         ColumnVector a = args(1).vector_value();

   however 2.1.30 gives the following error

   make_sparse.cc: In function `class octave_value_list Fsplu(const class
octave_value_list &, int)':
   make_sparse.cc:1727: conversion from `Array<double>' to non-scalar type
`ColumnVector' requested

   I now have to write
         ColumnVector a = (const ColumnVector &) args(1).vector_value();

   it seems strange to have to cast a vector to a vector.
   Is there a new recommended method besides vector_value();
Andy Adler,                                     address@hidden