Re: ATLAS and octave

From: stevenj
Subject: Re: ATLAS and octave
Date: Sat, 5 Feb 2000 20:27:16 -0500 (EST)

Dear Octave users,

I've just posted a patch to octave-sources that makes the configure script
look for pre-existing BLAS and LAPACK libraries on your system (including
accelerated BLAS libs, e.g. ATLAS 3.0).  If it finds them, it links with
them and does not build the bundled blas/lapack code (except for a couple
of files like xerbla.f that are specific to Octave).

See my patch for more details (it should be up on the archives by the time
you read this).

Cordially,
Steven G. Johnson