Re: Error octave compilation

From: Joao Cardoso
Subject: Re: Error octave compilation
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 13:37:54 +0100

Abdelkrim Azzouza wrote:

>  Hello,
> I tried to install gnu octave, but I got the following problems while
> running octave by "gmake"
> In this is what I got as error-message. see text in red.
> Please if you can send many any information that can be useful to
> solve this problem, I wil be gardeful.
> Regards.

>  -ll -lcurses -ldl -lsocket -lm
> c++: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'

dont worry, be happy! my system (unix) also complains but the link
proceed OK.

> s_wsfe                              ../libcruft/libcruft.a(xerbla.o)

It seems that you are missing libf2c. I my system:

nm -p /usr/local/lib/libf2c.a | fgrep s_wsfe
0000000280 T s_wsfe

Joao

--
Joao Cardoso                |   e-mail: address@hidden
INESC, R. Jose Falcao 110   |   tel:    + 351 2 2094322