Re: linewidths and Re: gplot w l linestyle doesn't work

From: David Doolin
Subject: Re: linewidths and Re: gplot w l linestyle doesn't work
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 13:18:30 -0400

>Finally, is there another way to set linewidths within octave? I need to
>make very fine lines and finely drawn symbols. For instance, I'd like to be
>able to differentiate, for instance, a pointsize .25 solid triangle symbol
>from an empty triangle. As it is now, at pointsize .25 you can definitely
>tell a circle from a triangle but you can't tell filled from empty. Sounds
>anal but I'm trying to fit enormous amounts of info on one page.
>
>If worst comes to worst I'll write a Perl script to change the postscript
>output file (blecch!).

gnuplot is not the final word on plotting.  You may find better
programs to fit your needs.  I used to use jgraph when I needed
to process large amounts of similar data with very fine control
over the postscript output.  jgraph is freely available as a debian
package, or from the author, Jim Plank, who is a very fine fellow.
(Hunt around at http://www.cs.utk.edu/~plank).

Hope this helps,

Dave D