Re: operation x=x(:)

From: heberf
Subject: Re: operation x=x(:)
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 19:31:27 -0500 (CDT)

I agree that when there is a choice we should go with MATLAB compatibility.
The
reason is that this is what sets Octave apart from similar projects.  Scilab is
a good piece of code as well but not as MATLAB compatible as Octave.  For
myself
it doesn't make a lot of difference because I don't even have MATLAB on my
machine.  However when I share code with colleagues it's nice to have something
that will run on MATLAB as well.

There is a downside to this since MATLAB doesn't do everything the right way so
bug-for-bug compatibility may not be desirable.

Heber Farnsworth
Assistant Professor of Finance
John M. Olin School of Business
Washington University
Campus Box 1133                                 phone: (314) 935-4221
One Brookings Drive                             FAX: (314) 935-6359
St. Louis, MO 63130-4899