end, i

From: Daniel Heiserer
Subject: end, i
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:15:02 +0100

Hi,

end)
-----
there was a request of matlab's 'end' a few weeks ago.

Is that implemented right now? Which version of octave.

'end' is an undefinable variable in matlab.
It always assigns to the last value in an array:

b=a(5:end);

i)
----
i is probably THE most used indexing variable. :-(((
On the other hand it is sqrt(-1);

I had a bug in an m-file using i, assuming it's sqrt(-1).
Unfortunately I used it as an index before. That cost me 1 week to find
and is probably a big error-source.

Is there a way to implement something like a global variable
which could be used in the octaverc files looking like this:

indexing_i=
FALSE;

So I am not allowed to assign i to new values.

Bye daniel

--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen
                                 Daniel Heiserer